Houston, we have a problem. Alexis is coming back to eat up all your turkey!
I am so excited to go back to Houston and visit family for a couple days. I haven’t seen my mom and dad in at least 3 months! I have been a full time student and working on the weekends, so there is rarely a chance to go home. I am grateful for my family and my friends. Especially them being there through all the hard times. My slice of life is about being grateful for everything I have and everyone I love. Here is my list of things and people I’m grateful for:
1. My mom and dad
2. My friends
3. I am living and breathing
4. I have all of my body parts
5. I will be graduating in less than 30 days
6. I am thankful for all of the students I will get to interact with when I start teaching
7. My education
8. My finances (not a lot, but enough to help me survive plus a little extra)
9. My Lord, Jesus
10. My health insurance
11. My car
12. My dog, Bella (how could I forget her!)
13. My warm fuzzy blanket when it’s cold out
14. My highlighter pink, long, fuzzy socks
15. My friend’s apartment I’m spending the night at
16. My friend, Diana, had me try couscoo’s, a Mediterranean type food! It was so yummy. She also gave me a new breakfast bar brand to try.
17. A friend’s advice and voice to hear
18. People’s care and love
19. My nails, I painted them light blue a few days ago. And I haven’t scratched them yet 🙂
20. I’m thankful for my grandma and grandpa (I promise, this list isn’t in order from most grateful to least grateful)
As I sit here and reflect about my Thanksgiving, I pray about our troops and leaders who are away for the holidays. I pray for law enforcement and for anyone making sacrifices to make the world a better place. They are also on my list of people to be thankful for.